Women's Institute Hall
The original building at this site was the Peculiar People's Chapel. Built by Harry Adey, of that persuasion, in 1903 and also used by the Salvation Army from 1923 until 1934 when they moved to their present Citadel at the junction of the High Street and Love Lane.
The building was purchased by Rayleigh Women's Institute for £300 in 1935 and used by three of their branches until destroyed by fire on the 6th August 1998.
The replacement hall was opened on 15th January 2000.
© Rayleigh Through the Looking Glass