National School for Boys
The plaque is located on the Santa Lucia Resaurant
The first school on this site dates to 1792 but the current building dates from 1863 at a cost of £500.Note also the stone plaque in the brickwork.
Pupils of the National School for Boys studied here for one penny a day until 1904, when Love Lane School for Boys was opened.
The building then became the Parish Rooms which were damaged by fire in 1980. The building was then converted to a restaurant Amigos now Santa Lucia restaurant.
© Rayleigh Through the Looking Glass