110 High Street
Here stood the Old Anchor Brewery and Maltings, built in 1798.
Water was pumped from the brickfield pond in Castle Road. Production ceased in 1922 when a body was found floating in the pond.
On the adjacent site stood a large Georgian house (home of the Barnard family) part of which later became an Off-License.
© Rayleigh Through the Looking Glass